Research Team : Mechanical Systems and Contacts
The SMC team is positioned at the interface between the mechanics of lubricated contacts and the static and dynamic analysis of mechanical systems.
The main challenges and issues are :
- take into account phenomena that develop on very large temporal and spatial scales
- deal with couplings between physical phenomena of different kinds.
They can be broken down into the following themes :
- Analysis of mechanical transmissions
- Stress on lubricated contacts, damage
- Multi-scale and multi-physics coupling
The main applications are for mechanical systems where contacts play a major role in behaviour and/or integrity such as gear transmissions, motors and machine components in the broadest sense.
Manager : David DUREISSEIX